Saturday, October 17, 2009

Look What I Have Been Doing All Week


This is a similar version to one I did earlier that I received lots of lovely comments, so I decided to do it for my swap at our Regional Training day. I think I must be NUTS!!!! I did 50 swaps for Regionals - that is 100 embossed flowers and each flower had to be cut out by hand and coloured by hand. Then there are 50 bows to be tied. The ladies in my classes would be saying serve you right as I do love bows ( they do moan a bit when they see another card with a bow on it in class).

Each card had three layers on the card and the whisper white layer I used the 1/2" circle punch to cut the corners (that is 200 corners I had to line up) Then I scored with the bone folder in 1cm on the whisper white for a bit more interest (I really am nuts).
There are a fewer layers with dimensionsal (under the whisper white, under the top flower and under the greeting).
All in all a very time consuming card BUT I had a great day at Regionals and both Sue Madex and Angela Dickins from my team demonstrated different techniques despite both being nervous (who wouldn't being up on stage in front of hundreds of craft ladies). Well done girls...

4 comments:

  1. All that hard work was worth it Sue cause this card is STUNNING in person & one of my favourites! Really enjoyed seeing you today X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that must have taken a long time! They look just stunning. Hope you got lots of gorgeous swaps in return for all that hard work. Was great to see you - looked like lots of fun and laughs happening on your table. Cheers, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. The word "martyr" does spring to mind.
    There were 50 lucky people at the convention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a stunning card Sue!! We all loved it. We sure were some of the 50 lucky ones. I really appreciate all the hardwork you put in. Was great to see you Sue. Sorry you had to put up with us noisy ones!! Its all Ange's fault. She got us all hooked.

    ReplyDelete