Thursday, October 1, 2009

Beautiful roses


Aren't these just the most beautiful arrangement of flowers? A friend of my sons gave me these flowers and the fragrance is just amazing. I just love flowers and if you have been looking at my blog lately nearly every card has been a flower card.

After receiving these I just had to make another flower card. I started off embossing the Fifth Avenue rose with white embossing powder but it looked a bit flat so I used my markers to colour in the back which is a technique we did in class last year but gives a lovely finish to the flower.(and so much quicker and easier than watercolouring if you are in a hurry).


I know I started out to make white roses and ended up with a very pink card and very pink roses, I did try purple ones but I liked the finished pink ones better. The top rose I layered to give a bit more depth. Hope you like it (Thanks Matt for the flowers that inspired this card)
Card: Regal Rose, Whisper White
DSP: Sweet Always
Ink: Regal Rose
Accessories: White embossing, powder punches, Regal rose ribbon, Vellum

3 comments: