Monday, November 1, 2010

Pals Paper Arts Challenge

I thought I would try this challenge this week at Pals Paper Arts:
I have gone  a bit brighter this week and also used a Stamp Set that I haven't used before - Kimono Kids.
To get the scallop effect  at the top I used an the verandah idea from Debbie Airey in last weeks Just Add Ink Challenge. I also embossed the images in black before colouring them in to give greater definition and makes the water colouring a little easier.


This is  a side on view to see the verandah effect, I cut out each of the lanterns and hung them from the verandah.
Card:  Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise and Very Vanilla
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Versamark, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight
Accessories: Ribbon, Buttons and Punches

4 comments:

  1. Love love love those hanging lanterns! Great job! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Amazing card. Those hanging lanterns are perfect. Thanks for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Sue - incredible. Love your awning and the little lanterns. This is a bright combo for you but it works really well.

    Hmmmm another set I may have to add to my wish list *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue....Well it is official, Chiara has just gone gaga over your card. Today is a sick at home day for her......I know what we will be making now! Love it Sue!

    ReplyDelete