Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Glitter Queen is in Glitter Heaven


I saw some of these glass decorations on a few SU sites but had never seen the clear glass balls in Melbourne. Spotlight had a sale on yesterday so off I went and guess what was 50% off !!! plus I had a discount voucher that could be used at the same time.  How good was that, so off course I bought double (or maybe even triple the amount I needed ) so I didn't really save any money (lol) but I did get the glass balls and boy have I been having fun.
So girls get out all those reinkers (I have used Rose Red, Real Red, Olive Green and Pacific Point) - all the SU colours are fabulous and I am going to try out lots of them (I did say a bought a few of those glass balls didn't I). The Fine Supernova glitter (and a bit of dazzling diamonds thrown in as well - I really am in glitter heaven) is fantastic for these balls.
The ladies from my classes know that I wouldn't be happy having all that glitter just inside,  so I used the red sticky strip on the outside of some and added some chunky glitter .
I must say I had my heart in my mouth when I tried the embossing on the outside. I wrote names and Merry Christmas with the Versamark pen and used silver embossing powder, then I very quickly heated it with the heat gun (waiting for the big explosion) but it was fine they were pretty hot but none broke. The writing is a bit wonky but it was ok for a first effort

The red ball I embossed the merry christmas and holly from the Christmas Classics onto acetate and cut it out and glued it on with Tombow Glue which is great it dries fast and is clear when it is dry.
The only thing you need to be careful about which might be a good thing to remember if you try these is to wear rubber gloves you can see my hands after the first two colours and I still had a few more to go!!!!

1 comment: