Friday, November 13, 2009

Christmas Colour No 5 and 6




Both these cards are made with the more traditional Christmas colours - the base card in both being ruby red.

The first card is made with Sweet Slumber DSP and the little elves were embossed in black and coloured with my markers and then I added a border in Baja Breeze with the Square Scallop punch. I added some bling with the lovely crystal brads SU have and some ribbon which I split in half (I didn't have any fraycheck so I just put Crystal Effects on the very edge to stop the fraying (you can use that Crystal Effects for so many things) to finish off the effect

The second card I have again used the Sweet Slumber DSP and and picked out the blue from the paper and matted my elves on Baja Blue and used the Aquapainters to create a blue background behind them. In this card I embossed the elves with black embossing powder before colouring them in and when you compare it with the second card you can see how much better it stands out. What you can't see very well in the second card is that I have stamped the image on the Ski Slope DSP and cut out some of their hats and collars, the hats are not stuck down completely so there is a bit of a 3D effect which looks great. (I have just purchased Photoshop and the tutorial to go with it maybe that might help improve the photos and I am also asking Santa for a new camera - so if the pictures don't improve I won't be able to blame anyone but me!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment